Summer is finally here! I've been super swamped with work and life that my little blog here hasn't gotten much love lately. Here's a little something colorful, sweet, and fun to start the weekend with! I know, I know, another edibles post - in the past month I've frosted a lacy cake, made custom ballet-inspired cookies, and now more sweets. I promise I'll get back to the actual design stuff when I've recovered from this need to be in my kitchen. 

Sweet Summer Treat: Ice Cream Cupcakes
I recently styled a fun and colorful kiddie birthday bash for my sister. The celebrant had a special request- my red velvet cupcakes. I wanted to make them more special, and decided to try something new. She loves ice cream, so why not combine the two? Here we have a fun new twist to two favorite desserts - the non-melting, super easy and fun to make Ice Cream Cupcakes (aka cupcakes baked in cones).

I had so much fun making them, and they were a huge hit at the party! 

For the simple DIY instructions on how to make these scrumptious treats, check out my feature on Glamomamas.

Have a delicious weekend!!